Masterful negotiators at LexisNexis have evidently coaxed out of Thomson/West a long-term license to two of ZiefBrief's favorite secondary legal research tools: American Law Reports (ALR), and the four superlative Witkin publications.
These had disappeared from Lexis when the previous license expired and, frankly, ZiefBrief had thought that West would grant a new license only at the same time that ice hockey became popular in Hades. But here they are, and ZiefBrief's pleasure at being able to use them on Lexis outweighs our chagrin at having been so wrong in our prediction.
If you're browsing the "Look for a Source" menu on Lexis, these paths will lead to the returning research heroes:
- Legal > Secondary Legal > Jurisprudences & Encyclopedias > American Law Reports
- Legal > States Legal - U.S. > California > Search Analysis & CLE Materials > CA Treatises & Analytical Materials
If you're using "Find a Source" to pick a specific source, here are the long and short [in square brackets] source names. (The "Witkin Treatises" source combines all four Witkin publications into one.)
- American Law Reports [2NDARY;LEDALR]
- Witkin California Evidence [2NDARY;WITEVD]
- Witkin California Procedure [2NDARY;WITPRO]
- Witkin & Epstein California Criminal Law [2NDARY;WITCRM]
- Witkin Summary of California Law [2NDARY;WITSUM]
- Witkin Treatises [2NDARY;WITKIN]